The statue of Saint Mary of Bistrica dates back to the end of the 15th century, and belongs to black Madonnas, although during restauration it was discovered that its dark color is not original. Late-gothic wooden statue of the Bistricas Holy Mother is the work by a folk craftsman. The statue was first positioned at the original sanctuary in Vinski vrh, then in 1545 buried at the parish church in Marija Bistrica, and discovered in 1588. Once again forgotten and bricked up, it was discovered for the second time in 1684. The moving of the statue, its hiding and twice discovering have stirred faith in its miraculous powers.